Saturday, March 21, 2015

Searching for Berries in the Northwoods

"Searching for Berries" 16x20 Acrylic on Canvas $350
I love to paint with a theme, so when I signed up to put some pieces in the upper UP of Michigan, I decided to paint a few pieces with a northwoods theme. When I was a child, my great aunt and uncle owned property in northern Wisconsin. The kids slept out on their screen porch when we visited during the summer and the deer and black bear were frequent visitors on their front lawn. I vividly remember our trips to "The Dump" where the bear came right up along side our car seeking scraps amongst the dump deposits. In those days the dump was just a big pile of garbage. They didn't have "landfills". My heart would just race when the bear lumbered past my car window. Thanks to my great aunt and uncle up in heaven for these awesome childhood memories. Loved you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment